Monday 21 April 2014

Plus size fashion: Leather trousers during the day?!

I woke up to a grey morning and it made want to just sling on a pair of black leggings and a men's black t-shirt. But I stopped myself, and decided to do something different.

Since I'm at home in Devon I haven't got many clothes with me as they're all at uni still, and a lot of the ones I do have, I brought for going out.

This is where the leather trousers come in. I've never worn them during the day before because I thought they were a bit much. But I rummaged through the clothes I leave in Devon and found this net football style t-shirt, and so I thought could dress the trousers down.

The trousers are from Dorothy Perkins and were in the sale around Christmas time. They were reduced from £32 to £7 so I just couldn't leave them behind. They are such a statement piece and probably something that will never go out of fashion. Of course they're not real leather for that price but they have a lovely Matt finish so they don't look like plastic.

The football top is from Primark for, I think around £8 and it is quite see through so I used my trusty black body con skirt from Primark underneath it. To dress this outfit down even more I teamed it with my grey Converse and just put my hair in a high messy ponytail. Also, excuse the no make up look today! 

I have fallen in love with this outfit and it can be dressed up with just a few changes. If I were going out in the evening I'd wear my hair down and straight with some gold hoop earrings. I'd swap my converse with some black cut out boots from New Look that are a dupe for the Jeffery Cambell Coltranes, and I'd take of the skirt and wear either a bright or a black bra.

I will definitely be wearing this outfit again and will be dressing it up for the next time I go out!

Bye for now!
Xx

1 comment: