Monday 2 June 2014

Plus Size Fashion: OOTD A Fat Girl With Her Midriff Out!?!?

Controversial I know, and some people might not like it but then, they don't have to wear it! This is actually one of the most comfortable outfits I've worn so far on this blog, and although it's not sunny today, I suffer with hot flushes so I'm my own personal radiator.

I love cropped tops, though I don't have the typical figure for it, and I usually wear very high-waisted things with them. But today I thought what the hell, if I think I look good and I'm happy with it then I'm bloody well wearing it. I know that it's not a lot of midriff but I think it's quite enough for me.

Straying away from the subject of my stomach, I love the fun feel of this outfit and it's made me feel really happy today. Today I'm going out with friends on a tourist day of Bath (even though we live here) and in the evening we are going to vegetate in a pub somewhere. I thought this outfit was perfectly between casual and outgoing for such a days activities. I honestly can't tell you how good this outfit makes me feel!

So the components. The shorts are from H&M and they were 7.99. I had been looking for some comfortable shorts that were high waisted for ages and I actually had a voucher for H&M when I found these. They are so comfortable and look great with a tan.

The top is one from Urban Outfitters in the sale about a year ago, although I have definitely seen one still there recently. The only way I can fit into Urban Outfitters is if I buy their 'oversized' stuff, otherwise I'm confined to the home wear section with the rest of the plus size girls.

I find Urban Outfitters so odd. This top is sized as a small. I think we all know that is not a word you'd use to describe me, but it's still baggy on me. Weird.

The hoodie is just your general Primark hoodie, but everyone needs a black one in their wardrobe. The pumps I'm wearing are also from Primark. I think everyone in the world must own a pair of these and I refuse to buy vans when these look exactly the same. I think the hoodie was 8 and the pumps were 4 or 5 pounds.

For my hair I've gone for a style I've never done before but I really like the two little bunches, I think they're fun and a bit 90's.

I haven't been able to wear close fitting high-waisted bottoms like this... umm... ever, so I'm super happy that this outfit looks good (in my opinion). I hope this gives you a little more confidence to wear whatever the hell you want. People who say anything horrible about you or to you are simply jealous. We all know that, and I know it's hard to truly believe it but we'll all get there!

If you have an outfit that you think you 'shouldn't' wear but love, send your picture or a link. We all want to see!

Also, my Summer Ball post will be coming soon!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment