Tuesday 12 August 2014

Plus Size OOTD: Retro Lily Allen

Hello all, today's post is from an outfit I wore during the heatwave. Unfortunately we have not been so lucky with the weather as of late. It looks like I might even have to dig out some tights soon! I don't know which I prefer: sodding wet tights or sweaty thigh chafing. I think you'll agree it's a difficult choice.

But for this outfit I went for the sweaty thigh chafing (is that too much info?). I didn't deliberately try to channel a retro Lily Allen look but I did end up doing it a little. When I say retro Lily, I mean prom dresses and trainers, we all remember that don't we? It was the early noughties, a time where we thought we could mix uber formal with downright trashy. I've inadvertently updated that look for a more modern touch by having the extremes less far apart.

This dress is from New Look a couple of years ago and it is a little short, but I love it and wear it quite often. It's okay if I wear shorts underneath it, which I do with every skirt or dress because I'm always accidentally flashing my arse. When it's this big it's hard not to!

The dress is such a flattering shape (skater style) and a nice fabric that I don't think I'll ever bring myself to get rid of it, even when it's threadbare.

The trainers I have had for years, in fact, they might have been my mum's that I stole. I'm not sure, but I bet my mum conveniently remembers and will remind me next time I talk to her. They're Dunlop velcro trainers (I can do laces, I'm just lazy) and I like them because, while they are trainers, they look more like tennis shoes I think. Maybe I'm not thinking of tennis shoes, feel free to let me know.

So that was my look for a sweltering day. Goodbye Sun.

Until next time...

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment