Saturday 17 May 2014

Guest Fashionista: Curves aren't just for big girls

Today's post is going to be a little different. From time to time I'm going to be featuring people who I find fashionable and inspirational, and this lady is both. Like I've said before, just because I happen to be plus size, that's not all I'm going to be writing about. And being plus size isn't the only way you can have curves; curvy shouldn't be a code word for fat.

I first met Sue on my creative writing course in the second year when we had a class together. We happened to workshop our writing together quite a lot and so we struck up a friendship. I'd seen Sue around in the first year and had always admired her style, forever looking effortlessly cool. I also loved that, although she is a little older than your average student, she didn't let it hinder her fashion choices, and why should it?

Sue's style almost made me forget she wasn't around my age, and more than a few times, I've gone into class and seen her wearing something I wouldn't be daring enough to wear.

So during one of our last novel writing classes together I asked if I could take a photo of her for my blog. She told me she always worried that her fashion choices weren't on point, which actually couldn't be further from the truth.

What I love about Sue's style is that it is so unique and she always looks put together, even if I know she isn't feeling it. Sue has been through a lot in her lifetime and I love chatting with her because she just has so many interesting stories and advice. I can always count on her to cheer me up if I'm feeling down at all!

Some of the staples that I've seen Sue wear are patterned trousers which really show off her wonderful figure. In this photo she is wearing another lightweight pair of patterned trousers which I happen to love, especially paired with these boat shoes she's wearing.

I also love the way she has styled this cropped denim shirt with a long necklace and layering. She's taken androgynous and made it ultra cool. Her cropped hair will never go out of fashion and there is never a strand out of place.

Not only does Sue inspire me in terms of fashion, but she's also one considerate and interesting lady that I'm very glad to have met.

You go Big Bad Sue!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment