Saturday 17 May 2014

Plus Size OOTN: Swimwear as an outfit?!

Hi all, I actually went out during the night! So now I can show you what I wore.

This is actually from a week ago but I've been so busy looking for housing that I haven't been able to post. So last Saturday a couple of my friends and I went out after a long slog of work was over; we needed alcohol to refresh us, ready for the next bout, amIright? Anyway, because I'm on this diet I calculated how many drinks I could have and of course went over that limit the minute I stepped out of the door. It doesn't help when people are buying you jagerbombs; I'm a Boarer, we love those things.

So as per usual we ended up getting a little more merry than had been intended, but fun was had and my hangover the next day wasn't too bad, and I ended up catching up on the sleep I desperately needed.

Right, back to what this post is actually about! I got this kaftan from H&M for 7.99, but had 5 off because I gave in a bag of my old clothes. And yes, I know a kaftan is just supposed to be a cover but I don't play by the rules. I figured that with tights and a slip underneath it could pass as a dress.

So that's what I did, and just paired it with my trusty Coltrane lookalike boots, straight hair, bit of make up, and it instantly dressed my swimwear up. I also just used my multi-way leather look bag which can be a cross the body bag or a rucksack. It's from everything5pounds.com which is a brilliant site! It even does plus size clothes, which aren't terribly fashionable but sometimes you can find a gem.

I love the colour of this kaftan, it goes well with my hair colour and it's so summery and fresh. I also wore this ensemble to dinner a couple nights before and just slung on my faux leather jacket from the New Look Inspire range. It toughened it up a bit which I liked.

My housemate has already purchased a kaftan like this but in a different print. They have them in so many lush colours and prints that I think they will be selling out fast.

My next post will feature a guest whose fashion I find awesome and inspirational. So make sure you come back for that!

Sammy x

No comments:

Post a Comment