Sunday 4 May 2014

Plus Size Fashion: OOTD Hearts and Neon

Hello again! So today I went to see two of my friends in a play called The Beggar's Opera at a lovely theatre in Bath. They did so well and I love going to see them perform, and although my arse was a bit numb by the end of it, it was a great show.

It was a matinee and I don't think it was something you'd dress up for anyway so I did my usual thing of dressing like a child. I do like this outfit though, and it's really comfortable.

The dress was only five pounds from a pop up shop in Exeter around Christmas time. It's a strange material, silky but still quite heavy, with the little red hearts being made of a faux velvet type of fabric. It is, as you can see, very short, but I'm tired of tights and it's officially May now and that's Summer in my weird book. Also, I've resigned myself to the fact that people are going to see my arse when I walk up stairs. And when I bend down. And when the wind blows.

But I figure as long as I wear shorts underneath and don't get arrested for indecent exposure then that's okay.

It was really warm today so I didn't need a jacket but I didn't want to just wear the dress because I'm not in love with my arms, especially in spaghetti straps. So I teamed the dress with a neon yellow/green crop top. I like the combination, but I'm not in love with it, and I prefer to wear a white t-shirt underneath but I couldn't find it as I think it's in the wash.

The shoes I'm wearing are just simple pink holographic ballet style pumps. I don't often wear these because really flat shoes hurt my back as I have quite a back lower back injury. Also I don't really like how really flat shoes like this make my bare legs look. I'm already stumpy enough as it is!

I've included a close up look at my outfit today as well you lucky buggers! The watch I'm wearing was 2.99 (my pound sign doesn't work) on eBay and it came with a free bracelet which I gave to my foster sister. So as you can guess, it turns my wrist green, but I like the way it looks (the watch, not my green wrist) and it's rose gold coloured, so even when the colour inevitably comes off, it won't actually look too different.

My friend Hattie convinced me to wear my hair down today although at the beginning of the day I thought I was having a bad hair day but it got a bit better. I know it's all in my head.

I'm just wearing some big gold coloured hoops from River Island that were super cheap...annnnndd... I think that's it!

I'm preparing a DIY post for old jewellery for my next appearance here, and once I get my student loan in I will be going out on the weekend so there will be an Outfit of the Night coming too!

'Til then...

Sammy x

No comments:

Post a Comment