Monday 26 May 2014

Plus Size Fashion: OOTD I won an award!

On Tuesday of last week I attended an awards ceremony and showcase of work for my creative writing course. Everyone's work was absolutely brilliant and I'm so proud to have been on a course with such talented people.

I had been told that I had won the leadership award for my work with second year performance poets and on poetry events that I ran with my friend Jp. However, when I got there I'd actually won two awards, the Leadership award and Rising Star in Performance Poetry award.

I don't usually win things like this, even though I always strive to be the best, so I was so happy to have received two! I'm so proud of my friends Katie and Nadia who also won prizes for writing for young people and the Picador prize, respectively. It was brilliant for third years to get together and share their work and be rewarded.

Anyway, enough gushing, onto the outfit. I knew it would just be a casual thing, and that day I also had an interview exam for one of my modules and was staying in uni all day so I wanted to be comfortable as it was hot that day.

The top I'm wearing is an off the shoulder crop top from New look and I'm also wearing just a strapless bandeau bra. As a lady with a larger bust, my shoulders can sometimes get sore from bra straps and the weight of my boobs so I like to wear this comfy bra every so often. Sorry if that's TMI but a lot of girls struggle with this!

My denim skirt is originally from Tesco but I got it on eBay years ago for about 2 quid. Underneath this, to keep some of my dignity, I'm wearing cycling shorts from H&M with lace around the bottom. I'm not very good at being lady like and more random people have seen my arse than I care to remember, so these are perfect.

My cardigan is just a really lightweight one from New Look about 3 years ago. It's almost falling apart which I'm very sad about because I wear it all the time.

The shoes I'm wearing are just some cheap converse style pumps from Primark about a year ago.

I love this look, it's so comfortable and I also think it's very flattering on me. The white of the top, when I have the cardigan off, also flatters my tan which is a bonus for me.

Again, well done to everyone who won prizes on Tuesday and have a brilliant graduation!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment