Friday 2 May 2014

Lactose Free Cheese and Marmite Muffins

I've just got back to uni and am waiting for my loan to come in and currently have one pound to my name and I'm using that for the gym locker so I can't spend it.

I'm on a diet at the moment and need three healthy snacks a day to keep my metabolism up but am running low on those so I thought I'd try to make something from what I have in my cupboard. I've really been craving savoury things; I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I also suffer with IBS so things like milk and cheese are a problem for me.

I searched for recipes for scones and muffins with the least amount of ingredients and came across one for basic muffins that I thought I could adapt to my own choice. The recipe is so easy and you just bung it all into one bowl and mix then distribute it into muffin cases. Here is my adapted recipe, but of course you can use proper milk and cheese if you like, but it is a lot less fat if you don't.

225 ml Soya Milk
A Pinch of Salt
250g Self Raising Flour
Any sensible amount of cheese you like
1 tsp of Marmite or Vegemite
40g Extra Light Mayo

I know the mayo sounds weird but it makes the muffins nice and fluffy. I haven't tried without it but I think you could get away without it.

Each muffin is around 90 calories, depending on how much cheese you use, but they're perfect for a little healthy snack and this recipe makes around 12 small muffins.

Now it's just a case of not eating them all in one go!

Sammy x

No comments:

Post a Comment